Tuesday, October 18, 2011

granny wants her holder back


UGH!!!
I know, I'm sorry
it's that damn ugly thing again!!
I was going to go outside and see if there was anything there to shoot
but there isn't
 and life outside
the
roomontheleft
got in the way
and I'm trying to get back into posting everyday or two
lucky you!!!!
so I just shot this as it is finished and there you have it



a big blue and white
pot holder
that looks so hard to make



with all those twists and turns

                    

and folded over bits



and the edges all hooked together like that
but you should know me by now
I don't do
hard
complicated
difficult
challenging
elaborate
I do easy and fast
coz I have the attention span of a
grapefruit




I'm not making anymore of these
they are addictive and you want to see how many colours you can put into them
I know
I have
and I'll show you
and
I want to say something else
blog land is getting very very small
and now with  ravelry and pinterest joining in
it's even smaller
I have had the idea to make something three times in the past week
I have gone looking for stitches
something different and interesting
and I have found what I wanted to make
already made
there in front of me
and it's very
very
very
annoying
when that happens
it's the case with the colourful
granny hot pad
I nearly had a heart attack when I saw it
and it's on one of the blogs I visit
we did the same thing
it's weird
and
OH well
that's life
in
blog land
blogs collide
and
twins are born

til the next time
have to go and fix din dins
again

:)









6 comments:

  1. These are addictive. I made one a while back with junk yarn. It is alot of fun.

    I agree 100%,blogland seems to be getting smaller and smaller each day. Some have quit or maybe there just aren't a lot of newbies anymore. But, we are still a small tight group of crocheters that are still hanging in there. While I adore Pinterest, I find Rav much to much time, just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hould wisdom !
    some people should learn from how small it can get...
    now i love these pinwheel potholder ! they have always look "mysterious" to me, but i enjoy the one i receive in one of my last "public" swaps.
    very pretty and so nicely done, as always !

    ReplyDelete
  3. un-arc-en-ciel dans le lavaboOctober 18, 2011 6:58 PM

    oops YOUR wisdom -- keyboard bug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attention span of a Grapefruit!!!:)

    I know what you mean about everything being done already. When I came back to knitting/crocheting after 20 years everything had changed so much, what with knitted houses and gardens, yarn bombing, amigurumi.... It is hard to keep up with it all, and even harder to produce anything new and original. Mia S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this crochet design precisely because it looks more complicated than it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very hard to be original...every time I think I am, I find some one had gotten there first!!

    ReplyDelete